Northern County Cross Country Championship at Pawling
The Northern County Cross Country Championship at Pawling HS/Pawling MS scheduled for Saturday, October 27, 2018 has been moved to Friday, October 26 due to the threat of a Nor' Easter late Friday night into Saturday morning. (Sunday would leave us with a mess and it would be unlikely that we could run the meet Sunday).
A few items to note:
- Teams....Please do not arrive before 2:50 PMas we have only one entrance/exit for our HS/MS dismissal which would make it very difficult to accommodate any arriving buses at that time.
- Please DO arrive between 2:50 PM and 3:20 PM if possible! (It's important to get here on time as you will see in #3 and 5 below!!) We can unload athletes and coaches right at the top of the starting field and we should be able to park all 10 buses at the bus garage as we did for the Dan Purdy Invitational (if you attended that meet).
- There will only be 2 races. The first race will start at 4:15 PM and the 2nd race will go off at 4:50 PM.
- There will only be these 2 starts. Sundown is at 5:59 PM and we will not start any races after the 2nd race. We want all runners (and coaches) out of the course, especially the wooded area by 5:45 PM. Twilight ends at 6:27 PM and it gets dark fast.
- We would like to have all buses leave before6:00 PMas we have 2 school dances on the campus and getting out of the parking area after 6PM will be difficult and slow for you!!
- We need at least 1 coach from each team to help with the course (i.e., directions) since some of our Saturday crew is not all available on Friday afternoon.
- We will have a similar setup as we did for the Dan Purdy Invitational for team tents and we will include an athletic trainers tent with a water station as well.
- The school will be open for bathroom use but we ask that teams be escorted and supervised upon entering the building. (We have the porta-potties too.)